Fri. Aug 29th, 2025

VLADIMIR Putin has brushed aside the world’s revulsion and carried on killing in Ukraine, leaving four people dead in yet another overnight strike.

After the horror in Kyiv a day earlier, when 23 people died in a storm of Russian missiles, the tyrant’s forces pressed ahead with new assaults.

East2WestVladimir Putin’s forces killed four people in a new overnight strike in Ukraine[/caption]

East2WestTwo died and nine were wounded in Kherson[/caption]

East2WestA building destroyed in the attacks in Kherson[/caption]

East2WestFirefighters working to contain the flames in Dnipro[/caption]

Two were killed and nine wounded in Kherson.

In Dnipro, a man and a woman died as Shahed drones ignited fires across the city.

And in Zaporizhzhia, a one-year-child and a 70-year-old man were among the latest injured in a region bombarded with 553 strikes across 13 settlements.

The toll of Putin’s war continues to climb, with Russian losses themselves estimated at more than 200,000 dead and over a million wounded or permanently disabled.

Yet the Kremlin madman shows no sign of restraint.

The face of the carnage emerged in Kyiv – two-year-old Angelinka, the youngest victim of the Thursday massacre.

She died alongside her mother Nadiya, 24.

Tymur Tkachenko, head of the Kyiv City Military Administration, said: “Unfortunately, the number of casualties in Kyiv has risen to 23 people.

“My condolences to the families and loved ones.”

At least four children were among the dead.

Kyiv has declared a day of mourning as rescuers sift through rubble while fires from the strikes still rage, including at the Turkish Baykar plant, where drones are produced.

President Volodymyr Zelensky’s fury was uncontained.

He said: “This strike clearly shows that Russia’s goals have not changed.

“They want war – and they are striking not only our people, not only our cities and communities. Russia is now striking at everyone in the world who seeks peace.

“It is a strike against Ukraine. It is a strike against Europe. And it is also a strike by Russia against President Trump, and against other global actors.”

He added: “He kills children in order not to talk about when and how peace will come. A clear response of the world to this evil is needed.”

Donald Trump, who only weeks ago met Putin in Alaska to push for a ceasefire, reacted in notably restrained fashion.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt admitted: “He was not happy about this news, but he was also not surprised.

GettyFirefighters douse flames at a residential building while rescuers search the rubble for victims after a Russian ballistic missile strike on August 28, 2025 in Kyiv, Ukraine[/caption]

GettyChildren sit on the pavement outside a residential building after Russia’s massacre on Kyiv on Thursday[/caption]

GettyPutin’s Thursday attack on the Ukrainian capital saw 23 people killed[/caption]

“These are two countries that have been at war for a very long time.”

The president, she said Thursday, will deliver a fuller statement later – but hopes for an early breakthrough in talks between Putin and Zelensky now look in tatters.

Trump himself admitted earlier this week that Putin “simply does not like” his Ukrainian counterpart.

Others were far more direct.

Trump’s envoy to Ukraine, Keith Kellogg, warned: “These egregious attacks threaten the peace that the US President is pursuing.”

Sir Keir Starmer accused Putin of “seeking to sabotage” peace efforts outright.

But there were also signs of action.

The US State Department approved the sale to Ukraine of more than 3,000 ERAM long-range air-to-ground cruise missiles worth £610 million.

Meanwhile, Brussels is pushing plans for a 25-mile buffer zone on Ukraine’s border, and a scheme to seize £173 billion of frozen Russian assets to fund Ukraine’s eventual reconstruction.

ReutersTrump reacted to Thursday’s attacks, with the White House saying ‘he’s not happy’[/caption]

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.