Sun. Aug 31st, 2025

A BRIT tourist has drowned in Benidorm after reportedly jumping into the sea with two friends for an evening swim.

Police confirmed the tragic 31-year-old was found lifeless after he was swept away from the holiday hotspot’s famous Levante beach.

Crowds of people were seen gathering after a Brit tourist was found dead in BenidormFacebook

SolarpixThe 31-year-old tourist drowned in holiday hotspot Benidorm, on Lavante Beach (stock)[/caption]

Horrified onlookers crowded around the sceneSolarpix

Fortunately, his two pals made it back to the beach and were unharmed.

Police said on Saturday: “Yesterday about 8pm several British nationals were on Benidorm’s Levante Beach.

“One of them went into the sea and was unable to return to dry land.

“Several people tried to rescue him but it proved impossible.”

He added: “Coastguards were mobilised but were unable to locate him. Some time later his body washed up on the shoreline.

“He was already dead at that point.”

Horrifying footage from the scene of the tragedy showed a group of locals and holidaymakers crowding around police who had responded to the emergency.

Huge waves were crashing down on the shoreline, indicating the sea conditions were choppy.

The man’s death was confirmed by another local cop who said that he died in a “suspected drowning”.

He added that a probe was underway but said nothing suspicious was being investigated.

A Benidorm town hall source said: “It appears this man went into the sea and couldn’t get out.

“The lifeguard service had finished for the day by the time this happened.”

Another well-placed insider said: “We believe this man was a tourist.
“He was with two friends.

“They got out of the water okay and he remained in the sea and got further and further away from the coastline.”

The heartbreaking news comes after another Brit tourist was found dead on a Benidorm beach.

Jeff Duffield’s body was discovered washed up on the Spanish shore in April.

His family shared the news of his tragic death on social media.

One family member posted in a Facebook group that “we have unfortunately found out that Jeff has passed away.

“Thank you for all your lovely comments and please allow my mam the privacy she deserves.

“Not the usual happy post I imagine this group is used to so I apologise.”

His wife had previously posted an appeal to find him, saying: “My husband Jeff Duffield has been missing in Benidorm since 12.30 23/04/2025.

“I’ve reported it to police if anyone sees him. Please could you contact me, I’m worried sick. Thank you.”

Laurence DollimoreHeartbreaking tributes were paid to Brit dad Jeff Duffield who was found dead in Benidorm earlier this year[/caption]

He died while on holiday in the holiday hotspot (stock)

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.