Tue. May 28th, 2024

Longshot Republican presidential candidate Perry Johnson has suspended his 2024 campaign, the Michigan businessman announced Friday. 

Johnson, 75, failed to register in most polls or qualify for either of the GOP primary debates despite spending millions of his own dollars on his White House ambitions. 

“With no opportunity to share my vision on the debate stage, I have decided at this time, suspending my campaign is the right thing to do,” he said in an exit statement

Johnson also slammed the Republican National Committee, accusing the leaders of the GOP organization of “corruption.”

“Not only was the debate process set up to keep outsiders off the stage and without a voice, but when we did meet their arbitrary metrics, corrupt leaders used their authoritarian power to kick me off the stage at 11 p.m. the Monday before the debate, despite our team working with Fox News all weekend on logistics,” he claimed. 


Johnson failed to qualify for any of the GOP primary debates.REUTERS

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the people should decide the next president of the United States, not the head of the RNC and her cronies,” he added, referring to Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.

Johnson, who made his wealth after founding Perry Johnson Registrars Inc., which certifies whether businesses are meeting industrial standards, vowed to be “actively involved” in the 2024 election and “100% committed to helping Republicans win across the country.”

Last month, the quality control expert revealed that he was “seriously discussing” with his wife the possibility of launching a campaign for the US Senate in Michigan to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow


Johnson is the third GOP presidential candidate to drop out of the 2024 race. AP

“Obviously, it’s no secret that I’ve had a lot of calls to run for this seat because they do want to win this seat. But at this point in time, my focus is right on the presidential [race], and, believe me, that’s taking all my time and energy at this point,” Johnson told Fox News in September. 

Johnson’s statement noted that he plans to keep a small political team on staff “in the event the dynamics” of the 2024 presidential race change. 

He also said that his name will still be on the ballot in early nominating contests, including the New Hampshire primary. 

Johnson becomes the third GOP presidential candidate to drop out of the race, joining Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, who suspended his campaign in August, and former Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas), who suspended his campaign on Oct. 9 and endorsed former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.

Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News

Source link

The post Perry Johnson suspends longshot presidential campaign, slams ‘corrupt’ RNC appeared first on WorldNewsEra.

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.