Wed. Jul 17th, 2024

Two Georgia election workers who won a $148 million judgment against former Mayor Rudy Giuliani last week have sued him again for continuing to maintain that they committed ballot fraud in 2020.

Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Andrea “Shaye” Moss, filed a request Monday for a permanent injunction against Giuliani, which would prevent him from speaking publicly about them, Axios reported.

Lawyers for the pair said in their DC federal court complaint that “Giuliani continues to spread the very same lies for which he has already been held liable,” citing remarks the 79-year-old made to reporters immediately after the awarding of damages Friday.

“Defendant Giuliani’s statements, coupled with his refusal to agree to refrain from continuing to make such statements, make clear that he intends to persist in his campaign of targeted defamation and harassment. It must stop,” the attorneys wrote.

Two Georgia election workers who won a $148 million defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani in Washington, DC, federal court last Friday have sued the former New York City mayor again. AP
Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Andrea “Shaye” Moss, filed a request Monday for a permanent injunction against Giuliani in DC’s US District Court. AP

“In these unique circumstances, the proper remedy is a targeted injunction barring Defendant Giuliani from continuing to repeat the very falsehoods about Plaintiffs that have already been found and held, conclusively, to be defamatory.”

The former personal lawyer to President Donald Trump told The Post in an interview on Friday that he lacked the assets to pay even the $43 million in damages initially sought by the workers and was “going to fight this case until I die.”

He also told reporters on Friday that “everything I said about them is true” and he did not “regret a damn thing.”

“Defendant Giuliani’s statements, coupled with his refusal to agree to refrain from continuing to make such statements, make clear that he intends to persist,” their attorneys said. JIM LO SCALZO/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

“The absurdity of the number merely underscores the absurdity of the entire proceeding, where I’ve not been allowed to offer one single piece of evidence in defense, of which I have a lot,” Giuliani said at the time.

“I am quite confident when this case gets before a fair tribunal, it will be reversed so quickly that it’ll make your head spin, and the absurd number that just came in will help that,” he added.

Having skipped an opportunity to testify in his own defense last week, Giuliani said he made the decision “because the judge made it clear that if I made any mistake or did anything wrong she was considering contempt, and this judge does have a reputation for putting people in jail.”

The former personal lawyer to President Donald Trump told The Post in an interview on Friday that he was “going to fight this case until I die.” AP

Judge Beryl Howell found Giuliani liable by default in August for defaming Freeman and Moss by claiming they had processed fraudulent ballots in Fulton County during the 2020 presidential election.

“How you can find liability based on discovery is beyond me when they had my deposition,” Giuliani told The Post on Friday. “They had more documents about me than I have.”

“The discovery went on for about a year and a half and included thousands and thousands and thousands of documents, including — I sat for a deposition and did not take the Fifth Amendment.”

Giuliani insinuated that the mother-daughter duo were only suing him as “part of the Biden offensive that started some time ago to see what they can do about intimidating Trump lawyers.”  AP

He also insinuated that the mother-daughter duo was only suing him because one of their lawyers was “a good friend of Hunter Biden” and the legal challenges were “part of the Biden offensive that started some time ago to see what they can do about intimidating Trump lawyers, Trump supporters.” 

Plaintiff attorney Mike Gottlieb, a former associate White House counsel for President Barack Obama, worked at the megafirm Boies Schiller Flexner at the same time as then-second son Hunter Biden.

The mother-daughter duo are also requesting Giuliani pay their attorney and court fees as part of their new complaint.

Their lawyers say the two will suffer “impairment of reputation and standing in the community, personal humiliation, mental anguish and suffering, emotional distress, stress, anxiety, lost earnings, and other pecuniary loss” if “Giuliani is not prevented from continuing to repeat his defamatory statements.”

A spokesman for Giuliani did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News

Source link

The post Georgia election workers sue Rudy Giuliani again after $148M defamation ruling appeared first on WorldNewsEra.

By

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.